Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hope In The Midst of Despair

She sat with tears in her eyes as she spoke to me...

                       "The water was coming so fast, we grabbed what we could.  As the Sheriff was knocking 
           on the door to make us leave, I grabbed my great-uncle's violin, but...
                         I forgot the pictures...
they were on the fifth shelf, we didn't think the water would get that high...
her wedding pictures, the ones she asked me to keep safe....  
The pictures..."


In the midst of this despair, loosing almost everything, selling everything else because there is no longer a home for it...THERE IS HOPE!


She said she saved the strangest things... 
                                            She is now giving those things to others...blessing them.

God is here...here in the aftermath of the flood!!!

                          To see someone in the midst of despair blessing others, is to see the Hand of GOD.