Saturday, March 26, 2011

Answered Prayer

Last night I prayed the following prayer:

          "Dear Lord, this has been one of the worst weeks ever.  I am so tired.  I just want to feel special. 
                    I think a Vera Bradley bag would make me feel better.  I know this is a shallow prayer. 
                            Please forgive me for praying it.  I have just wanted one for a long time...
                                 and this week has been so hard.  Give me strength Father.  Amen."

Regardless of what you think of the above prayer, please read what happened next:

     I got home and a friend called.  She said she wanted to give me a gift to lift my spirits since my week had
     been so hard.   She arrived shortly after and handed me a...Vera Bradley bag!!!

Lesson:  God cares about us so much the smallest things matter to Him. 
                         If we can trust Him with the small things, we can definitely trust Him with the        
                         big things!!!

Blessings ~ Karlee