Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An Everlasting Love

Malachi 1:2  ~  "I have loved you," says the Lord.

Why have I spent my whole life trying to prove to Him that I am not worth loving,
                                                                                                 rather than excepting His great love for me?

                    It may be because people have hurt and failed me.
                                                                          It may be because I have failed myself.

The truth is, I spend my time trying to "prove" I am worthy to those around me,
                                                                 rather than drawing close to the One who will never let me down.

             Matthew 10:30 tells us of God's unfathomable love when it says...
                                                               "but the very hairs of our heads are all numbered."

As I shared this verse in a childrens' sermon...
  ...a dear friend sat in a pew and stroked the strands of hair she has left after chemotherapy. 

                                                                "Where is God then?"
He was right there:
              counting the hairs as they fell from her head,
                                 collecting the tears as they fell from her eyes,
                                                          whispering "I love you" to the depths of her soul.

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Blessings ~ Karlee

Please visit the following website for a scholarship opportunity to the She Speaks Conference:
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2011/03/how-christians-create-art-she-speaks-scholarship/
She Speaks Conference website: http://shespeaksconference.com/