Friday, March 11, 2011

The Storms of Life...

As I look out my window...ALL I SEE IS WHITE.  A North Dakota spring blizzard is raging outside.  Flights are cancelled, roads are closed, and events scheduled for today will not be held as planned. 

It reminds me of the "storms" we face in life.  Things happen...plans change...dreams die...and there we stand in the midst of the storm:
      -unable to see the hand in front of our face for all the snow swirling around us
                     -unable to hear the voice of God due to the roaring wind
                                     -unable to think clearly due to the chaos around us

In the midst of the storm we are never alone...  
God's promise in Joshua 1:5 holds true for us today:   "I will never leave you or forsake you."

First Corinthians chapter 12 verse 9 states: "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."  Let that verse settle into your soul....
     -God has all we need
               -His strength is made perfect in our weakness
                         -We don't have to do it alone

Look at the two verses above:
                     God will never leave us ~ His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
How is that for comfort in the storms of life!  :)

A few years ago I observed a duck on a large body of water during a storm.  The whited capped waves were rolling one after another.  The duck sat calmly on the water and rode each wave as it came.  The storm raged around it, but the duck was calm and unruffled. 

That is how I want to live my life:  Peaceful ~ Grounded in Christ

The storms of life will come with varying intensities, but when they come I will deal with each wave individually knowing that I am never alone and God's strength will see me through. 

Love always,  Karlee