Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Hymn of Faith

In a visit with a good friend, he mentioned the below scripture.  A well known scripture, he told me.  I had never heard before.  Now that I have, this is what I want my hymn of faith to be:

Habakkuk 3:17
"Though the fig tree may not blossom,
                                        Nor fruit be on the vines;
              Though the labor of the olive may fail,
                                                         And the fields yield no food;
                                                                        Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
                                                                                                  And there be no heard in the stalls -
                         Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
                                                       I will joy in the God of my salvation.

   The Lord God is my strength;
               He will make my feet like deer's feet,
                          And He will make me walk on my high hills."

To have a faith that rejoices in God in the good times, the bad times, and the 'I don't think I can make it through this' times of life...that is what I want my hymn of faith to be!

Blessings ~ Karlee